Will is the Vita Fitness founder. An outdoor person, never sitting still and always keen to ‘get out there’ – his enthusiasm is catching.
I have always been physically active and enjoy a lifestyle that allows me to “get out there and do things”. For the past few years I have been lucky enough to work in the Skiing industry as an Instructor. This has taken me to Canada, Austria, New Zealand and Switzerland and I have had an amazing time. Now back in the UK with my family, I am looking to pass on my enthusiasm for being active, having fun as well as use the teaching skills I have acquired.
I qualified as a personal trainer with YMCA fit in 2011 with an Advanced Diploma in Personal Training. YMCA Fit has been training fitness professional in the UK since 1984 and their qualifications are respected and valued worldwide. My qualifications allow me to work inside gyms with standard equipment and, more importantly, also allows me to follow my passion of training outside and bringing the “fun” back into exercise.
I believe in developing “real strength” in people. By this I mean creating strength and endurance in a way that is going to improve and add quality to their life. As much as possible I believe exercise should be about movement and feel that a lot of people train too statically and in artificial scenarios. I feel this doesn’t allow the body to adapt as efficiently to real life situations and I want people to revel in the movement potential of their own bodies.
As a fit and active person myself I have used Gyms for years and have developed an extensive knowledge in fitness techniques and how to train myself. Furthermore as a professional working in the Ski industry I often saw the end product of many fitness routines that didn’t actually achieve the outcome desired. I myself have enjoyed many sporting interests outside Skiing that include: Rugby, Rowing, Badminton, Martial Arts (Ju-Jitsu) and trekking. The one thing I have always strived to do is use fitness programs to improve my performance in my hobbies – not just do fitness for the sake of it.
I am fully qualified to create a bespoke training plan for you, regardless of ‘type’ of exercise. However he has particular knowledge Kettlebells, Core Strength and preparing your body for a Skiing holidays.
My Qualifications include:
- Advanced Diploma in Personal Training from the YMCAfit, who have been training instructors since 1984 and are regarded within the industry as one of the UK’s leading trainers for fitness professionals.
- Fully insured and registered with REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals) as well as being a qualified First Aider.
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Instruction (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF)
- Exercise Programming for Sports Conditioning (QCF)
- Planning and Delivering Group Exercise Sessions in the Outdoor Environments (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) – Gym-Based Exercise
- Certificate in Kettlebell Training
- Certificate in Padwork Boxing
- Certificate in Tri-Planar Kettlebelling
As a Ski Instructor I am qualified as:
- Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance (CSIA) Level 2 (with a pass for teaching in CSIA Level 3)
- New Zealand Snowsports Alliance (NZSIA) Adaptive Level 2
I love the outdoors and making the most of everything– the weather, the environment, the mood. I believe in working towards realistic goals and it is my job to push you to achieve and exceed your own expectations. I believe you are never too old to get back the passion and enthusiasm you had when you were young and when it wasn’t ‘exercise’, it was ‘fun’. Everyone is a miracle of evolution and our bodies are amazing. I sometimes feel we lose touch with the joy of physical activity once we “grow up”. I want to re-connect people with the joy of activity and the pride that can be taken in achieving a physical challenge.
Quite simply I want to ‘get out there’ and motivate you to feel the same.
Why choose Vita Fitness?
What makes Vita Fitness different is my desire for clients to understand what they are doing and why. I try to pass on knowledge that equips you for a life of fitness. So although I will very happily train with you for years, I also believe in leaving you with the foundation to become your own trainer.
My energy and enthusiasm will be put to good use creating a bespoke training plan for you, whether you want to run a mile or a marathon.
- Come to your house, work or the local park – where’s convenient for you?
- Bring everything you’ll need (like kettlebells, pads and gloves, resistance bands, Free Wieghts, Swiss Balls, BOSU, enthusiasm…)
- Make sessions unique to you and your goals – and help you achieve them.
- Help you understand what you’re doing and why, giving you the tools for successful workouts on your own.
- Add fun and motivation.